Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #15
RumbleCard
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports UFC's Third Patch Impressions and Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
It isn't that we don't appreciate all the hard work, it is how this patch has changed online behavior. This game is awesome offline now, but a totally different beast online. The CPU doesn't come at you like online players do. The latency also plays a huge role in blocking etc. With the combo speed, any bad latency can ruin your night. I had this happen last night. Turns out I needed to power cycle my modem, but there are still guys I play that my connection doesn't allow me to pump block, etc.

Overall the patch is great. There are just things that people do that ruin it. That isn't the patches fault, just the way people play and the inability to defend correctly at times.
Can't stress that enough. Twice last night I got caught in a moment where upon getting up from the ground I couldn't defend and it was the same ole R,L,R,L,R,L,R,L,R until I was done.

Seeing stat lines of my opponent look like this and still earn the win...

S. Strikes 6/44
Total Strikes 39/178
TD 1/8

and I'm trying to be prudent and judicious...

S. Strikes 19/27
Total Strikes 58/82
TD 6/9

But all it takes is for your opponent to catch you in a RLRLRLR flurry and its over. I'm not gassed either...I should be able to get my hands up.

With that said I do think things are improved. I still enjoy the game but there's little I can do against a spammer. I figure a low level spammer has at least a 60/40 chance of beating someone who's well rounded and skilled on the ground.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove