Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #1532
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Yeah, I'm pretty sure "adaptive" is the key word here on that patch note for improving the defensive AI. I do not think they would have worded it that way if it had anything to do with on-the-field gameplay of the defense's AI, in that manner. So, I actually think we are good with most sliders, they really did not touch anything to make any key adjustments down the list of all sliders.

The only thing is the QB accuracy, really. The question is how much worse are the lower-tiered QBs now after the patch, especially if we keep it QB accuracy at 10. Before, I thought that was the sweet spot, because you still had the lower-tiered QBs throwing errant passes, average QBs some errant passes, and the above-average to elite QBs very few errant passes.

So, QB accuracy seems to be the only real concern here. They didn't touch anything, in my opinion (after reading the patch notes), that warrants starting from a default base set of sliders.

It seems to be the QB accuracy change will just affect the lower-tier QBs going 10/11 in the first quarter like they would sometimes do, taking the high completion rate passes (short outs, curls, drags). They say it will affect them more at "especially within 10 yards," so that leaves me to believe they won't have as much success dinking and dunking their way to 98% completion early on, hopefully.

QB accuracy at 10 now may be fine, it if they really affected the lower-tier QBs' acccuracy then maybe a slight bump, but keep in mind we still want to see errant passes from the average to above-average and even the elite QBs from time to time, so if we change that it can't much, because I think it's perfect for the non lower-tiered QBs.

In the end, this patch really did not affect the gameplay sliders at all, except for maybe something minor like QB accuracy. To be honest, you actually may not have to change anything, and I know that sounds crazy, but just take a look at the patch notes, nothing with the gameplay that would affect our sliders went through. Now, if they did some "ninja" changes, something small, unannounced, yet affects gameplay, that is another story.

We'll see though.
Agree with the bolded. They really did not touch gameplay......I again...applaud it. Because I truly feel they tried some tweaking with sacks...and it was causing other things to break down. It's not as easy as 1,2,3. I am no game developer....but it must be quite a beef stew of code to sift through.

I will play with Bortles first tonight....let's see how I do with the Jags at our current settings. Then we will play with Romo.....that should give us a really good clue as to any tweak or no tweak to QB accuracy.

I have a great feeling....the patch will be a non-issue for the slider set.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23