View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #26
CWilson04
Rookie

OVR: 1
I haven't played the game yet. Not in a rush since every 2k game is nearly the same, they're either taking away something they shouldn't have or adding in unrealistic elements.

I just wanted to post after reading comments on here and other websites. There must be a VERY SMALL percentage of people who like 2K that post on video game websites that are actually good.

It has never been hard to shoot on 2K. It's pretty easy if you understand basketball and video games. So hearing not only from OS but other places (I never comment) that shooting is hard and this is coming from people who say they have played this series for years. Umm your not progressing at all. Go in practice mode and work on the shot release. For me I choose different teams all the time and my shot release is good with every player EXCEPT for the slow, awkward release guys but those are few and far inbetween.

The other knock is people complaining about NBA 2K defense. 2k has added so much help on defense for the player it is sickening over the years. I have always been great at defense with 8/10 players online always complimenting on my defense and acknowledging they have never played against someone with defense like mines. I play every man on the court. It's called move your joystick. If you can beat on the dribble, or really just to alter the shot in the post just quickly switch off your man and make a move with your big man. I use to play FPS a lot, and it's similar to basketball games to where you need to having gaming ADD. You just need to be aware of your surroundings and be quick to move and switch off.

2K has a few minor fixes (that are huge in terms of realism) that I'm sure they didn't fix in this release. The difficulty of the AI is a joke. They don't make them play smarter, they make the AI do unrealistic things so they can put points on the board. That part needs to be cut out. We are probably 5-7 years away from seeing an actual realistic basketball game.