View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #163
itbeme23
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

Played a game and a half post-patch last night.

Changes to SEC's original sliders:

Human QB Accuracy: 5
Human Fumbles: 5

CPU Fumbles: 5
CPU Pass Coverage: 78

Played the first game against the Browns. This was the first game that I hadn't scored a touchdown since I purchased the game. Final score ended up being 6-3. Even with lowering CPU Pass Coverage down to 78, it was a challenge to move the ball through the air. I had two passes picked because of really poor decisions....the interceptions didn't feel cheap at all. I ended up finishing with 206 yards passing and 58% completions. While these numbers aren't great, I can live with them. I just need to make better decisions. Brian Hoyer had a mediocre game at best. He finished with about 150 yards passing on 53% completions. I guess this is believable, but I wanted to play another post-patch game against an elite QB to compare.

Bring on the Broncos. The encouraging thing about this game was the fact that after my horrible offensive output against the Browns, I was able to put together a nice 7 play drive for a TD on my second possession of the game. However, the thing that stood out most to me??? The fact that Peyton Manning missed his first FIVE PASSES. Three of those passes weren't even close. I ended up throwing three intereceptions mid-way through the 2nd quarter, so I decided to turn the game off. I'll chalk that up to being tired. I actually was moving the ball quite well through the air (I think I was 7/11 when I turned the game off), but unfortunately, 3 of the 4 passes I missed were to the other team. LOL. However, the standout stat of this game? Peyton Manning's completion percentage wasn't even at 50%. His passing yards seemed okay, but that completion percentage wasn't even close to being realistic. I never experienced this issue before the patch, so I'm pretty sure that EA's fix of "making lower-tiered QBs less accurate" stretches across all CPU QBs. I'm pretty sure that we will have to raise CPU QB Accuracy as a result of the patch. Other than that, I didn't see any other glaring issues post-patch. Running game does seem to be a bit tougher as well on both sides.

SEC, what are your thoughts about penalty sliders? This is definitely something I think we should look into before starting a CFM. I'm sure you know that penalties at default lead to pretty much no penalties being called throughout the course of a game. On the flip side, I don't know if changing the penalty sliders affect the game play they have in years past.