Old 10-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #85
chadex
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PC Impression's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Yeah I'm not liking the gameplay much either, after playing 2k14 on Xbox One and now the PC version of 2k15....it still feels like a downgrade.

All the way down to using old photos of players in the menus. During intros you still see players in their previous team uniforms and stuff like that. That I'm sure the console versions are updated images.

There is no halftime show, just stats.... Intro to the games seem super short and so do the sideline report going into the half seems like it's 4 seconds and back to the studio...

Lighting effects are different than consoles and the effects option in the video settings don't specify what it controls...Servers are broke all together...

Playing superstar level and the CPU just runs circles around my defense, when a star player gets the ball..my defense just starts running out the lane, they don't pick up open players, they run off well defended ones in the paint...and when you try to switch players to manually control the player, it auto switches to the wrong person.

And allows the CPU to score at will...this is straight frustrating.
I'm not so sure about the console versions having updated player pics yet, although I'm sure that will happen with a roster update. The advantage to having the PC version is that after a few months modding community will be able to get us updated player photos and even add legends and other stuff like with the Ultimate Roster stuff from last year's PC version. And because we have the power of the PC, we'll end up getting that stuff much quicker than consoles when it hits.

As for general impressions...I think I got the game down to a smooth performance rate. Textures - High Crowd and Player - Medium , AA - 4X, Shader Detail - Low, everything else on, and I'm getting 50-60 FPS. I was regretting my purchasing decision yesterday, but I'm sure I'll feel much better once some mods and updated kicks are out.
Advertisements - Register to remove