View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #452
darkknightrises
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
OK I finally decided to unwrap the game after much debate. I bought the game labor day weekend on sale but I've been reading these threads and my hopes were not very high, but I took the plunge anyway.

I played 1 play now game default all-pro with penalties all at 55. 12 minute quarters and accelerated clock to 16.

I was the lions and won 24-20. I had 402 yards of offense to 305 for the Vikings. Each team had 1 INT. Stafford was knocked out early and was 5-5 with a long TD pass to Johnson. Orlovsky came in and was 12-20 for 227 1 TD and 1 Pick. I was sacked 4 times, 2 of them because I held the ball too long.

Asiata started the game with a 38 yard run and finished with 105 on 22 carries and a TD. Bridgewater was 16-22 for 220 yards and a TD and a Pick. He was sacked 3 times. 1 on a screen play where he didn't get rid of the ball. The other 2 seemed like legit cover sacks. His incompletions were basically him throwing just as he got hit and 1 where the ball was jarred loose from the receiver.

So in conclusion, after 1 game in play now, I did not see the sacks being an issue. Now I know that everyone says that franchise will play differently so I will check that out next. I only controlled the DT as I have done pretty much since the early days of Madden. So I could see how if EA told some tester to look at it and he did and had a game like mine, he would say sacks were not an issue.

Onto the penalties. They were non existent except for 3 facemasks. Really disappointing not to see a hold, clip, false start or offsides. Do these sliders work at all?

Anyway, everyone knows how critical I have been of EA so I will play some more tomorrow and post stats from a Franchise game.

Overall, the game felt, meh. Not much different than what Madden 12 was for me on the 360. But I was really concentrating on the sacks and penalties to see what was going on there. I thought the AI played a pretty decent game for it to be on All-Pro default. It wasn't a walk-over, but I'm rusty.

I also noticed there were very few assisted tackles, but I might have to lower tackling to see those. But as it stood almost every tackle was considered solo despite multiple times seeing multiple defenders in on the play.

Give it more time lol. When I got the game for like the first 5 games I wasn't seeing the crazy sack numbers and I was thinking what is ever one talking about lol. Now after that the least amont of sacks I have had is 4 and most games I get 8-9 and some games I get 10-12 sacks. I think the first few games I played was agest QB that didn't have the tendecise to hold on to the ball or what ever they call it.