View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #51
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Seems Reaction Time has a noticeable effect on reaction to wherever the ball is, so it covers how fast players react to a running play....Yet in the pass game it appears that Reaction Time effects reaction times of defenders playing zone, and I have not seen anything noticeable to it effecting M2M coverage....I still cannot pinpoint whether lower slider is faster or slower - but I am leaning towards lower is faster, and I do this by focusing on how quickly defenders are reacting to the run play - and tackle combines with Reaction time in how quickly defenders close on a player with a ball...appears, lower the tackle rating, the fewer hard hits, and increased chances of a broken tackle, along with boosting reaction time and separation from blockers....

Pass Cover seems to adjust coverage in general for M2M the most...The higher the slider the better the coverage, or generally, the longer a defender will stay with a receiver...

Interception slider appears to effect how fast a defender jumps on a ball as it gets to a receiver...The lower the INT slider, the less jump or cutting off passes....can use this to fine tune pass cover, imo.

Bottom line is, in balancing the defense - ALL these sliders HAVE to be adjusted to get the right amount of coverage and run defense; and I have not seen any extreme slider rating work very well, such as Pass Cover 80, Reaction Time 2, or vice-versa....

It appears there is a bell curve in effect with ratings; 25-75 appears to be the sweet zone, and anything outside the zone is unpredictable and does not show any true difference in effect....thus a rating of Reaction time of 2 or 98, no difference....In my observations.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-10-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove