Old 10-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #186
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 15 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan64
Always good to see you out here at it, Jarodd. We appreciate your efforts and time.

We were using Charter04's slider set to begin with and they are very good, too, but we were finding a few things a little too easy or out of whack so had been tweaking a lot trying to find a balance. Seeing you hop into the fray has us trying your set for the 2nd season of our latest league.

Overall, the challenge has been pretty good. Sacks are still a little dicy, but maybe not completely out of control. Honestly, if they'd fix it so that the CPU wouldn't take so many sacks on screen plays that would probably help a lot, too.

All that said, we are running into one anomaly that is a bit worrisome. Speed backs seem to be a bit broken again (maybe running in general). Shady McCoy has gone for over 200 yards three games in a row. Power O, O1 Trap, HB Slame.. you name it.. they've gone for big runs (3 of over 60 yards in one game alone).

I am not even sure it's tacking (rating), though I suppose that hasn't helped. Hesitate to mess with Threshold because speed should be there for those with it, but I worry at the balance.

For now, we've simply agreed to not rely on the run game too much and mix in enough passing to keep the challenge high (and the games are still tough when we do), but curious if there's been anyone else seeing high numbers in the run game. 219.3 yard per game on an average of 25 carries is a bit too high for our liking.
Which set of mine are y'all trying out? If everybody has having an easy time running put the USER runblocking on 0 and put the CPUs tackling on 40 like I have it on the black set. Rock with that for a few games and see how it goes. If y'all continue to rack up the yards raise the tackling up to 45. I'm not running the ball that easy. Sometimes the running up the middle can be easy but outside running is tough. Try those tweaks out man. I'll help y'all get the rushing tone down so y'all don't have to handicap the playcalling.