View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider testing Techniques?

Was curious how slider gurus go about their slider testing; their techniques?

I use practice mode to set CPU sliders and then go in game to test the changes in a real game scenario; I run a few games; same teams; I have I theory that if I use the best teams like the Seahawks and broncos, and set CPU sliders based on results from a number of CPU v CPU games, that it will trickle down to the other teams; then again, I guess trickle down economics never worked so maybe I better rethink this method? LMAO

Once I get CPU setting nice, then I play User v CPU and adjust USER sliders to create the level of competition that fits my skills.... I use 8 minute quarters and then multiple my results by 2 so I get an estimate as to how the stats may look in a full game and compare them to NFL stats; but I realize getting comparable stats to the NFL is useless..So I go more for trying to get the end result similar, that is, average points per team...

I do focus on tackles for loss and sacks....I have gotten sacks down to 3 sacks between both teams in 8 minute quarters....I run my CPU pass block at 25, my run block at 100....my reaction and pass cover at 100...WR catch and QB Acc @ 25....All my penalty sliders are at 50....

I also create matchups like CB Sherman against Megatron and set based on trying to get a 50/50 catch to incomplete result between them; hoping that will transfer to the other teams and player abilities in a more even manner so a better WR will have an advantage over a poor CB and vice -versa....

I have considered making a test roster and taking a team and making all player ratings equal, and testing that way, but i fear it may be a huge waste of time; anyone done such a testing method? If so, how did it turn out?

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-11-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove