View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #62
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Let me see if the Wiz can help you boys out a bit.... My data supports the following:

To address the HUM QB cheesing it on drag routes, quick slants, basically junk underneath (I am talking to you Alex Smith, King of Dink and Dunk!), the PASS COV/REAC sliders need to be LOWER

To address ROBO QB, the PASS COV/REAC for HUM sliders needs to be LOWER...

To get realistic YAC after the catch the PASS COV/REAC for CPU/HUM sliders needs to be LOWER...

And yes, GOING BELOW 25, or above 75, mucks up the whole game....

Insight into how to attack the CPU/HUM PASS COV/REAC sliders:

1) Test sliders with STUD QB's (I use Brady, Rodgers, Manning)

2) Get a notepad.

3) Set the skill level to ALL-PRO (ALL - MADDEN has glitches that I don't want to get into now)

4) Play 3 complete CFM games everything default, except INT GRND (0), CPU AB ACC (6), HUM QB ACC (7), FUM (8), PASS BLK CPU (80), PASS BLK HUM (50), WR CTCH (46)

5) WORK ONLY on PASSING... YOU ARE TESTING, WHO CARES if you lose the games, WHO CARES if you throw a few picks, you are OBSERVING and taking notes on what routes are being completed by CPU, how easy they are being completed, time your pocket stays intact, completion percentages, how easy/hard is it for you to dump the ball off, how easy/hard it is to throw a screen pass from under center/pistol/shotgun, measuring YAC, observing how quickly a LB jumps into a passing lane, observing how instinctive the DB's are on jumping routes (yes you are going to have to do a TON of replay and watch foot plants, hip swivels and cuts in slow motion, sorry)...

6) What your data should bear out is the following PATTERN. The CPU QB's completion PCT will skew high, and the CPU will typically find it easy to find the underneath pass, and most IMPORTANTLY, the CPU's YAC will skew above the NFL average. For average, to above average MaddenHeads, the HUM throwing numbers will be SLIGHTLY BELOW or EQUAL to the CPU's number's if YOU ARE NOT CHEESING IT...

7) Now... take the sliders for both HUM & CPU PASS COV/REAC to 99
and re-take the above test. ROBO-QB should be in full effect, and the YAC numbers for both HUM and CPU should be WELL ABOVE NFL AVG.

8) Now... take the sliders for both HUM & CPU PASS COV/REAC to 1 and re-take the above test. ROBO-QB turns into Geno Smith, the HUM D is NO LONGER giving up stupid YAC (ditto for the CPU to your YAC) and underneath cheese is no longer a "plus" option for either the CPU or HUM when playing underneath zone defenses. Man to man coverage is tight and your passing windows just got puny. Interceptions from LB's will skew higher, and interceptions from DB's jumping the route, will skew up as well. Completion percentages drop signigicatnly where you should be able to see a difference between "1" and "99"...

Is playing against a "hyper-active" defense realistic? No. But now you can start moving the CPU/HUM PASS REAC/COV sliders UP in increments of 5 clicks to figure out what level of "hyper-activeness" is your cup of tea....

Also, you will find that the running game on the edges got a whole hell of a lot more realistic when the CPU/HUM PASS REAC/COV sliders are lower, rather than higher.

Conclusion: It would seem that the HUM/CPU PASS/COV sliders work in reverse! Only conclusion you can draw when you see your YAC numbers precipitously drop when the HUM/CPU PASS/COV sliders are lower as well as completion percentages, not to mention a much better mix of poor throws from the CPU QB when he "senses" pressure.

Wiz out.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-13-2014 at 12:22 AM.