View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #82
Oraeon1224
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

The most important slider for having receivers open is not threshold, WR catch, or even Pass reaction; it is Pass coverage. Yes, it doesn't look real but what can you do? If I set it even to 20's I can't get Payton to pass downfield he only does dink and dunk passes and has almost no passing TDs.

Of course be aware that different players will get different results. In the NFL teams usually run 4 man fronts about 50% of the time 5 man rush 40% and 6 man or more rush 10%. This varies by team.
1) If you make tons of 6 man rushes you may see big plays downfield but also more sacks (CPU QB doesn't adjust plays or retain blockers or throw the ball away enough). This creates the illusion that your tight sliders are working correctly. However almost any pass that beats a 6 man rush will go for big yards because of the lack of safety help.

2) If you play only 4 man the CPU will have to dink and dunk down the field and the AI is too squirrely to handle that unlike in the real world and has to settle for run TD. This can also increase the Robo QB effect.

3) If you call sell out to pass with right stick every play you will also have better coverage, more sacks, and more AI dink and dunk passes with higher completion percentages and need to set QB ACC lower for the AI.

In short there are no sliders that work for anyone. I would recommend trying to call plays that are balance and avoid leaning on pass coverage slider and make the CPU run game have to be respected to make the game feel more real. However, adjust the sliders as needed but focus on pass coverage WR catch and QB ACC.