View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your Slider Opinion

I think there is a bell curve in both penalty and HUM/CPU sliders....Once you get to the extreme of either side of the slider scale the effects appear to diminish.

On another note - some sliders seem to be directly related and other indirectly related...

My main concern is still trying to find the best offensive run and pass blocking, as I believe football starts there....Issue is, penalties, especially Offsides, False Start, Holding and Clipping can effect offensive line blocking ability.

Offsides, one way or another can increase block shedding for defense.
False Start, effects offensive quickness at snap.
Holding, how long the offensive player holds a block
Clipping, how well offensive players block down field.

Issues I have is the difficulty in testing these as they have to be done in game, and I have read theories that state the complete opposite of which way t go with a slider to get a particular effect...

FOr example - some say that increasing holding causes the blocker to hold the block longer, and is why holding would be called - others say lower rating increases block hold because they are less likely to be called for holding...

So I have no clue at this point.

I assume for truest unmodified player ratings, 50, is the baseline....What is an issue is, what is being added to the player rating by default at each game level? I have heard that the higher the level the greater speed boost the CPU gets...I have no clue. just hearsay for me.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-18-2014 at 10:15 PM.