View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
kadzier
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: My Carrer mode really should stop assuming you're a star from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
It's a hard balance between making a mode for someone who wants to be the next LeBron and someone who wants the ultra sim, grind it out/"realistic" route to an NBA career.

In all honesty, MLB The Show team gets it right with their RTTS mode, perfectly right.

They let the well balanced difficulty levels be what challenges you.
YES, this is so true. I've played RTTS and I have to say it is far and away the best pro career simulation in sports games-- and I say this as not even a huge baseball fan!

If you tear it up in the minors you can be promoted to the bigs and the starting lineup in no time flat. Or if you struggle at first while trying to learn the ropes your progression curve is much more gradual, and you slowly improve before finally snagging that spot on the end of the roster. All I want is an NBA career mode with as much polish and depth as RTTS. The cutscenes and stuff are nice and all but in the end it's just fluff; the actual route of your progression is really shallow.

Or hell if they can't even do it like that just give us an "instant starter" option like madden and please both sides-- players who want to earn their job and players who just want to jump into the NBA.