View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #49
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
It took all of two games to figure out that these are absolutely untenable at All Pro. The sack problem has not been reduced or controlled at all in my view. It's the same old problem that plagues all All Pro sets.

The first game saw 5 sacks, all by DTs and 2 on screens. The second saw 6 sacks in 3 quarters. I shut the game off before I could finish because it was clear that the CPU QB AI had not been improved.

The problem with All Pro is that the CPU QB AI causes the QB to hold the ball too long. There's no way around that, and no combination of pass blocking and coverage sliders can fix that.

The good news for the Whisperer is that this set is potentially redeemable as an All Madden set with some modifications. I've tested out a version with reduced CPU run and pass blocking and modified HUM run defense. The results are much better than All Pro, imo.

Appreciate your comments!

Unfortunately you and I have a different interpretation of what the sack glitch is and I believe this is part of the problem regarding tackling the sack glitch issue.

As I indicated in my post regarding defining the sack glitch, sacks as a result of a screen pass play, I DO NOT define, within the same category as the sack that occurs when the CPU QB AI holds the ball. Why? Because for the HUM QB, the heat on a screen play ALSO causes dumb sacks. So, does that mean that the HUM has a glitch in his brain for allowing himself to be sacked on a screen? Don't answer that, because some HUM's do have a glitch in the brain so IT IS possible that they allowed themselves to be sacked by the CPU DT coming up the middle.

Separately, the QB's AWR rating, QB pocket awareness (Trigger Happy, Paranoid, Ideal, Oblivious, etc) trait, the coverage of the defense, the type of play called by the CPU AI (fly routes on a 3 and 4 from their own 35 and the HUM is OBVIOUSLY calling a full out blitz, no way for play to develop) all also contribute to sacks.

So here is the quandary... On screen pass sacks, is it the glitch or something else? What my eyeballs see in slo-mo is that the reason this is happening is NOT BECAUSE the CPU QB holds onto the ball too long, but rather because the syncing of the screen pass animation is whacked. If you slo-mo a screen pass sack, the screen never even gets a chance to develop before the DT's are on the QB's _ss (rhymes with GAS)! This includes the HUM QB as well. In fact, over 50% of the time the RB has not even gotten out of the pocket area before the DT is on the QB. This goes for the HUM screen passes as well. If it was ONLY the CPU QB sack glitch in play, then the HUM screen passes would be as smooth as silk to pull off and everybody that has played M15 knows that screen plays are broken.

Here is another one... If the DT sacks Geno Smith after the pocket held for at least 2.25 seconds, is it the glitch, a coverage sack, bad play calling by the AI, poor blocking scheme pocket collapsed too soon, the CPU has poor QB awareness and/or the pocket awareness trait?

Now, I concur that M15 has more sacks than previous Maddens by a tune of 165% by season's end, so there is merit that SOME sacks are caused by the CPU QB holding onto the football too long, however simply saying I see a lot of sacks so the sack glitch is not addressed is too simplistic to say it's the same old problem for All-Pro mode....Remember, I am not advocating All-Pro mode, All-Pro mode was a function of how you should build your sliders to avoid the 'roided up nature of All-Madden and the completely simplified and watered down nature of Pro.

What I advocate is that ONCE your ALL-PRO set cooperates for solid game play and if your game skill dictates it, MOVE UP to ALL-Madden mode and tame the run game's blocking since it is skewed to favor the CPU in All-Pro mode. This is in fact what I plan on doing. But there is no doubt that how I define the sack glitch problem HAS CERTAINLY been addressed by this slider mix, and the proof is in the data that has come in from other OS'ers posting their game info, whose sack totals don't represent your experience.

Just take a look at your first game, 2 of your 5 sacks, I would not even count as attributed to the "sack glitch" issue since they came off screen pass (totally different issue) plays. The other three sacks by the DT's would lead to investigate the who was the center for the CPU's team and who was the QB. Also, how many rushers came at the passer? Was it 5 rushers, and the DT broke loose? If this is the case, the issue is more than likely that the CPU's play call took MUCH too long to develop (which by the way in the NFL will more often than not, lead to a sack from an interior lineman) the pocket could not sustain, or possibly the DT sacks were coverage sacks.

In your second game, I wonder how often you dialed up 5 man+ blitzes? My data supports that when I rushed 5 man+ blitzes or more, some CPU QB's were more susceptible than other to the dreaded, "holding the ball too long" sack. Then again when tested against Brady or Peyton, they would consistently burn the blitz with a cheap safety valve pass for 4-6 yards.

Again the bottom line is that defining what is the root cause of every sack is critical to looking for an effective band-aid to address the lack of QB awareness, when in fact the root cause happens to be the QB awareness issue.

Once again, truly appreciate your feedback.