View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #68
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've had my IG @ 80 for a few years now, with both Madden and NCAA...I HIGHLY recommend that setting re: overall "pocket presence"...

What's you take on the way that RTP works?

I see you have it at 20...does that cause the DL to be less aggressive to the QB, in your experience?

Thanks!

FINALLY!!! A true connoisseur of Madden!!! I was wondering how long it was going to take for a true veteran to catch onto the IG setting, AND ITS VALUE to CPU QB game play.

My respect's Don KingV2k3... Well done, bravo! You have done your homework.

These are the type of posts that DO MOTIVATE me to post and manage a thread, Madden Junkies that have more than a clue of what is under the hood and the challenges that TRUE slider witches have to deal with.

Now.... Regarding your VERY GOOD question regarding RTP, my previous post to JoshC1977 outlines what my data supports for RTP. In a nutshell, the RTP acts like what we used to call the PASS RUSH SLIDER.

That having been said, at 20, and maybe even 11, it was a good counterbalance to 'roiding up QB IQ through the IG slider and setting PASS BLK above default of 50. At the end of the day IG & RTP & PASSBLK, and to a lesser degree RUNBLK, PASS REAC can all be inter-related ONCE you find a balance point that you can live with. Regarding the impact of RTP on DL line aggressiveness, let's put it this way, it's still in lab for further testing, but if I was a betting man, I would lean toward saying that it has an influence on DL aggressiveness...

My hope was to do all the heavy lifting and provide a BASELINE of PEN SLIDER balance points from which the OS community could work from. Unfortunately, sometimes the OS community gets lazy, doesn't want to think or work a little for themselves, and instead wants perfect game play handed to them on a silver platter.

Perfect game play is in the EYE of the BEHOLDER, true slider witches can only provide good baseline/balance points from which to fine tune to your tastes...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metallica.jpg (8.9 KB, 98 views)