View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #71
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thanks for the input...I look forward to finding out what you conclude in the long run re: RTP...

I would tend to agree that the lower settings will make the DL rush with more "abandon", as they don't concern themselves with the possibility of incurring a flag...

Because of this year's "sack issue", my thought was that raising RTP above default MAY slow them down a bit, affording the time needed for PRIMARY receivers to get open...

One of the reasons that the completion percentages are so high, is because the "red route" (if you were to pull up their play art) is bailed off of too quickly...

Some of that has to do with QB awareness, but it's also because CTH settings below default historically steer the ball away from the primary receiver and to the secondary and check down options...it really should be called the "Pass Receiver Ability" slider, as it impacts route running...

Bailing off the primary not only, raises the completion percentage, but also impacts YPA and total yardage negatively...it also can cause the 3rd Down Conversion rate to drop, because the "red route" is the one that always has the distance required to convert tied to it...

So:

I'd say using IG to make the QB "smarter" in conjunction with keeping CTH @ default, while quelling the rush with a slightly higher RTP and a slightly lower Offsides MAY give the CPU the time to find and stick with the primary receiver...

That leads to a tighter stat line / look / feel because the primary option is often a lower percentage pass for more yardage...

As far as penalties that affect passing go, I'm thinking of something like:

Offsides: 40 (less "jump the snap")
False Start: 60 (get set to pass block sooner, may help with screens)
Holding: 60-75 (duration of block increases)
IG: 80
RTP: 60-80 (less "abandon")

I'm also a big proponent of OPI / DPI @ 100, because the "Five Yard Fight" at the snap has a nice "risk / reward" in Press or Cover 2 / Man 2...it usually ends up with one wideout with low STR / AGI / Release getting taken out of the play...much like...football?

I'm liking your line of thinking here. From what I've observed in Coach Mode, The Catch Slider seems to be "the final touch" when it comes to tuning the passing game. In online cfm play, it is very sensitive for the CPU. 39 and they look like jerry rice. 38 they look like run of the mill receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove