View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #77
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Wiz I know this is way more complex then sliders..but did some looking into the playbooks..most pass plays aren't even used..even more disheartening is most playbooks on 3rd and long, have only "go routes" as chosen plays..do you or anyone else following know if non-checked off plays are still called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StefJoeHalt:

Very astute observation. This is may be why the publisher did not address the sack glitch in the most recent patch. In fact, when talking to my bud who happens to work at the publisher, internally their isn't much noise per se regarding the CPU QB glitch sacks.

This is why I took the time to discuss how a CPU QB glitch sack should be defined. In the real NFL, if any QB holds the ball in the pocket for 3+ seconds, he is going to be smashed for a sack more often than not. In the real NFL, if the defense smothers the pass routes, a coverage sack is just around the corner. IN the real NFL, when the O-line or RB/TE miss their blocking assignment, or if the QB does not audible for extra protection from the RB/TE when he sees a blitz coming on, then the pass play more often than not will end up in a sack. In the real NFL, having pocket awareness is a talent and not a generic tool to all QB's. Soooo, if the sacks that the CPU QB is taking fall into this realm, then my assumption is that we have to accept them as Madden taking steps to be more realistic to the actual game on the tube.

Possibly the publisher sees the QB glitch sack issue in this fashion, and in fact, the "sack glitch" is more a function of bad game design rather than corrupt programming code that needs a patch:

Certainly their is two glaring game design flaws that constantly rear their head:

1) Horrible playbook calls on 3rd and long, 3rd and medium, etc.
2) Donny "Fricking" Moore and his albatross when it comes to ratings assignments are not properly proportioned across the offensive and defensive players (which is why in my book, SECElit3's project is the gold standard)

Bottom line is that QB Edit tweaks along with re-rating the entire roster DOES go a long way to deal with the CPU glitch sack problem, and this may be why the publisher feels that the problem is not a "patch issue", because if the issue can be truly tamed by using some slider-witches brew along with a modified roster, then what is their to patch?

Wait.....What is there to patch?!?!?! How about DIS-patching Donny Moore! Let's start there....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images1MLMC367.jpg (10.2 KB, 98 views)