Old 10-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #211
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
After trying multiple sliders and bouncing from All Pro to All Madden difficulty I decided to give these a shot. I don't have any stats as I had to turn it off quickly but the game played extremely well. I was San Francisco playing at Oakland, poor offensive line, pretty much a poor team all the way around. I was surprised when MJD broke a 56 yard run on me and at the half I was only up 17-14, then the second half started. I ended up winning 41-24 and they scored the last TD in garbage time when I had pulled a bunch of starters on defense to avoid injury but the game itself felt tremendous. Matt Schaub was only 14/26, didn't see a hint of robo QB the entire game, he attempted to beat me downfield a couple times, tried threading the needle on post routes and a go down the seam, the CPU offense just seemed much more realistic. The only downside I could point to would be the 6 sacks I accumulated on them but then again they went into "pass happy" mode when they fell behind 38-17 and that made it a lot easier to generate pressure when I didn't need to worry about the run anymore. Next up is a game at Seattle which should be a good barometer as I lost to Seattle on a different set of sliders and it wasn't as close as the score would have indicated. Kudos on the sliders though man, they played extremely well.

Side note, does anyone use the pass commit? If so does that lead to more sacks as the rushers "pin" their ears back and rush the QB with reckless abandon? I noticed that late when I started doing this I got a few "cheap" sacks so was just curious what others thoughts are on this. Furthermore, when you see the CPU come out in a 3 TE set on 3rd and short and figure theyre passing and go pass commit is this going to throw anything out of whack? Oakland burned me on that same formation earlier in the game when I didn't commit at all so figured they were going back to the well so I sent the house and pass committed which resulted in Schaub getting murdered. It seems realistic to tell the defense to not worry about playing the run late when its obvious but at the same time I dont wanna create a situation where I start piling up the sacks because of it.
Awesome feedback. As to run/pass commit, I stay away from it unless I am down big and am trying to get back in the game (if I use it, I don't control the initial burst off the line). I definitely think it unbalances things a little too much and I have never seen evidence of the CPU using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove