View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #38
poloelite
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This is not an attack at anyone but I find it funny that people keep saying "it's an improvement over last year". How could it not be? Lol. I appreciate that EA is putting in the effort & trying get this game to where in needs to be, but at the same time I don't get this sympathy treatment that Live is getting. So EA puts out a piss poor game in Live 14 (after basically having 4 years to get their act together)....This years game is improved over last year & some are over praising them for it. It's the old build em up to tear em down analogy. They set the bar so low for themselves that any improvement is exaggerated. I think people are so thirsty for competition & want Live to succeed if for nothing else to continue to have a choice in basketball games which I'm all for. My point is that the game is at least respectable this year but it's still nowhere near where it needs to be going into 2015. In my opinion Live 15 is a slight improvement over Live 10 & that's not good enough in 2015. There are some things done well in Live 15 & dare I say better than "the other game" (foot planting, atmosphere, halftime presentation, etc..) but the on the court gameplay still has a ways to go. If EA can get the animations to play out smoothly, add more of a variety of animations & greatly improve the AI then they could be onto something going forward. Then again we've been saying that for how many years now........?
Man this is the realest thing I've read in regards to NBA Live in years. We're in 2014 and people are saying a game with bad animation, bad AI, no customization and no sliders is a decent foundation lol. EA has been making bball games for almost 30 years. I will not give them a break on judgement like they're a new company. I see people complain about the other game, but they view them in two different lenses as if they both don't cost $60. The more I play Live, the more frustrated I get and the more it seems like a graphics patch to 14. You're supposed to blow us away, not have us going "man, this is almost basketball... thumbs up" lol. If we want true competition, in my mind we have to stop supporting half efforts and demand more. In 2014 I should not have to pay $60 for a bball game and wait for EA patches to tune and update everything. I'm not a fan boy of the other game either. I'm a bball fan. This game is so far behind that it can't catch up like this, because the other game won't stand still. I think they had the right idea with Elite reboot, it was just poorly executed. Dropping a sequel to Live 10 with stripped down options on a next gen system is a 3.5 out of 10 to me in 2014. This wouldn't have passed in 2010, but since the bar is so low it's praised in 2014?