View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #48
JKSportsGamer1984
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Man this is the realest thing I've read in regards to NBA Live in years. We're in 2014 and people are saying a game with bad animation, bad AI, no customization and no sliders is a decent foundation lol. EA has been making bball games for almost 30 years. I will not give them a break on judgement like they're a new company. I see people complain about the other game, but they view them in two different lenses as if they both don't cost $60. The more I play Live, the more frustrated I get and the more it seems like a graphics patch to 14. You're supposed to blow us away, not have us going "man, this is almost basketball... thumbs up" lol. If we want true competition, in my mind we have to stop supporting half efforts and demand more. In 2014 I should not have to pay $60 for a bball game and wait for EA patches to tune and update everything. I'm not a fan boy of the other game either. I'm a bball fan. This game is so far behind that it can't catch up like this, because the other game won't stand still. I think they had the right idea with Elite reboot, it was just poorly executed. Dropping a sequel to Live 10 with stripped down options on a next gen system is a 3.5 out of 10 to me in 2014. This wouldn't have passed in 2010, but since the bar is so low it's praised in 2014?
Exactly bro well said! I want Live to succeed because we need competition in all sports games for that matter, but this game needs to be judged by 2015 standards. I don't want to turn this into a Live vs 2K thread but the fact is EA has been making basketball games a lot longer than 2K & it seems like people forget that. We all know Live is playing catch up but like you said they're still charging full price for the game so it should be judged accordingly. I do see the potential in Live & I'm sure it can be a nice change of pace for some, but for me I just can't justify paying full price for another basketball when it's cleary a work in progress. This is coming from a guy who grew up on Live & started out playing Lakers vs Celtics on Sega Genesis lol.