El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
Thoughts from the demo:
+Graphics are fantastic, especially the colors - clearer and brighter presentation than the competition, love the bump mapping on the uniforms - has a textured cloth look, nice.
+Fun to play - seeing LeBron and KD, they play like they do in real life - interesting to watch them in the flow of the game
+Pick and roll, play calling and other aspects of the game - easy to grasp, yet difficult to master
+atmosphere is great, loved when the Thunder had a white out game, yet about 20 Cleveland fans were wearing red and yellow in the crowd
+Swishing of the net is amazing, never gets old - animation and sound wise

-Massive clipping throughout, absolutely horrendous
-Nowhere near as intricate and in-depth as its counterpart (injuries, roster edits, play calling, modes, commentary etc.) it's extremely limited
-Animations are somewhat stilted at times
-Only one player comes out for player introductions - honestly, looks lame
-Point guard dominated to a degree
-Did I mention clipping, hahaha
-AI logic - lack of, at times
-Too easy to steal from the AI
-Overall post play (more in-depth than what it appears once you try the advanced moves, though way too many hook shots and odd animations in the post game)
-Blocks are fun, though they are a little over the top, though not by much
-Often hard to stop the AI on drives to the paint, can be done - though defensively it seems not as complex and diverse at its counterpart

All that said, I enjoy playing it, probably more so than its competition, it's a lot of fun, though it's so bare bone feature wise it's hard to logically select it knowing that it's so limiting. The inability to alter and edit players and lineups is the biggest issue I have with the game at the moment.
Just wanted to mention those two points. The ease of stealing from the CPU seems to have been toned down after the patch.

Regarding defending the drive, you really have to use angles when trying to defend faster players. Da_Czar made a defensive tips video about this in 2k a couple years ago, but the same principles apply here.

I was able to hold Westbrook to 17 points this way, and he only really got past me a few times.