Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #189
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Played the demo, cavs vs thunder before work, and I won't lie, there are some things I really like about this game.

Pros:

*The graphics do look pretty good, specifically the arenas

* I went in worrying that the animations would completely kill the game play for me, but they're surprisingly smooth and executed well.

* The pace and flow is definitely something I can dig, fast breaks seem to happen at appropriate times, and teams aren't always looking to push into the paint.

* When an AI player grabs an offensive board, they kick it back out and reset the play instead of going back up every single time.

* When the paint physics work, they look pretty awesome.

* Guys who should be shooting, are shooting. Durant and Westbrook dominated the ball, and Kendrick Perkins took 0 shots. I like that.

* The commentary is top notch, but that just could be because I wanna hear something different.

* I like the smoothness and feel of the players. No noticeable sliding and you can really feel the weight and momentum at times.

Cons:

* Contact in the paint isn't as frequent as it needs to be.

* 3 pointers go in at an alarming rate for both the user and cpu.

* Not enough fouls called

* Not enough contact in the paint, which in turn causes not enough fouls to be called.

* On offense, players don't move around enough, it feels like I had to play hero ball every possession.

If EA could clean up some of the flaws I have listed, I would purchase this game and I know I would have fun with it.

Let me ask you guys with the full retail game a few questions. Are the 3 point shooting % sky high? Is there more contact and more fouls? Also, is there a way to set up auto plays to get some movement out of my teammates?

If the answer to these questions are yes, I can see myself picking up this game today.
You can turn on auto-motion to get players moving on offense, but if you want to run a set play, you have to call it yourself. Three pointers do still seem a little high, but I imagine they'll tone it down soon with a tuning update.