View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #289
nickohrn
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for these sliders. They've made the game so much more enjoyable in my CFM. Couple of notes:

* Very few games become runaways for either side - I've blown out a couple of teams I can take advantage of and been destroyed by superior teams, but evenly matched teams play that way
* Sacks are still a minor issue, but much, much less than they are on default settings
* It threw me for a loop the first few times I threw a pass and it didn't go anywhere near where I expected but I love that both my QB and the CPU QB end up somewhere between 60-70% completion rating most of the time
* I love the fact that lineman ratings actually matter - two of my starters got hurt in a simulation and when I played the next game I went from 4.5+ yards per carry in previous games to less than 3.0 yards per carry
* I've seen 2-3 holding penalties called per game, which is nice to see
* Interceptions happen, but you need to have a DB who actually has a decent catching rating
* Kick and punt returns are way more fun because you can actually get blocks, break tackles, and potentially spin away for a TD - one of my favorite parts of this slider set

I have yet to feel cheated by the CPU using this slider set and have had some real nail-biters (and also some games where I got totally stomped but it felt totally legitimate). Thanks for your work on these!