View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #69
GutterPhenom16
Rookie

GutterPhenom16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GutterPhenom16 - Madden 15, Realistic Sliders for Online CFM (Finalized)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityColt
Liking the promise of these sliders so far, everything else I've tried gives me monster sack numbers or a game where it's just impossible to play because the CPU is jacked up so much.

I'm having a few issues though if you could possibly help? I seem to struggle getting any form of consistent pass coverage. There always seem to be at least one guy wide open. I briefly messed around with increasing user pass coverage to match the CPUs (86) which helped matters.

However, leading onto my second issue, I can't seem to generate any pass rush! I've had cases after bumping user pass coverage where the secondary have covered the receivers (using man anyway) and the QB stands there doing nothing for a good 3-4 seconds while my pass rushers flail away.

I also seem to have a case where CPU QB's won't throw unless it's to a wide open receiver they all end up with crazy completion percentages. The only incompletions I see are from drops, no bad throws, or contested throws.

All those combined mean the CPU can dink and dunk me all day and I can never get a stop. When I completely sell out to stop the pass they can gash me with the run. I normally use 2-4-5 Nickel and have tried mixing up man/zone but nothing seems to help.

I should I am playing on 360 still.. not sure how much difference that makes but there isn't a great choice of slider sets on the last gen forum. Best I've found is Roadman's but I was throwing for silly numbers and still had the same robo QB issue with the CPU.
I will personally try out your suggestion of the Pass Coverage being the same as the CPU's rating, but I have noticed that with the CPU QB Accuracy lowered there are a few more passes that are just bad throws, but you are correct most of the incompletions are thanks to balls being caught out of bounds, or dropped, or intercepted; not really due to bad throws.

I think I may even lower the CPU Pass Accuracy down to 22 because while I have the User Accuracy set to 19 there are quite a few bad passes that I throw that are just complete misses even though I use the precision control stick too.. I have posted Slider Changes on my franchise post but I haven't updated it here; but I will do so now.

And for the Pass Rush I am actually surprised, maybe I just have a different skillset than you but I have an easy time getting into the backfield with my lineman. It could also be just your guy that you are using is not as good as the OL that he is facing?

I used Justin Tuck on the Left End and absolutely dominated and was getting 1 - 4 sacks a game. There are some games where I get 1 or 2 sacks, but then there are games where I finish with 8 or 9, it all depends on the day..

I would suggest mixing in a good Zone Defense.. Check out some zone blitz packages and make sure to change up the coverage before the snap if you see a hole in the zone. I have a better time using zone than man coverage because usually my corners get beat (they're old in Oakland -__-) so I tend to use Zone 90% of the time.

Last edited by GutterPhenom16; 11-05-2014 at 12:35 PM.