Old 11-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #22
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: An epiphany about penalty sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
@trey31:

Always interesting to get other's opinions / insights re: all / anything re: this "House of Cards", that are Madden settings, but my experience with the IG slider has yielded the opposite result...

80 works, anything else just doesn't work as well...

I'll admit, I don't run "tests", I simply play the game...

I've gotten in about 1200 versus the CPU (over the past decade plus) and that has mos def been the cornerstone of bringing out the best overall result re: pocket presence...FOR ME (and many others)...

Regardless, in the first post of the linked thread I saw this:

Int Grounding 1 = lower makes qb get rid of the ball quicker, higher makes them hold the ball longer and take more sacks. (confirmed by kcsam's testing results 12/20/2013)

Do you have any links for any / all exhaustive detail on exactly how this test was run and this result arrived at?

Always curious!

I too play with IG at 80. I think that's one piece of the puzzle solved. Lots of sets have it 80. QB seems to have the right mindset. They throw the ball away and move well in the pocket. Now we need the magic numbers for WR CATCH and QBA.

Through roster-making in previous EA football games, Playmakers and I have discovered that higher elusive ratings for QBs gives better QB play. Maybe we should start testing higher Elusive or/or Ball Carrier Vision ratings for QBs.

On other games BCV seems to give elite qbs a better field of vision for passing as well as running.