Old 11-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #71
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Continues A Long Tradition of No Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So you grew up in the late 1800's? lol. Penalties have been a big part of Football all through the Super Bowl era. There may be more illegal contact or PI penalties called now than 20 years ago but, it's not some new modern idea. It's fine if it doesn't bother you but, no penalties just isn't a football sim.
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Just because it doesn't follow the status quo doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Personally I don't enjoy penalties in the game. It doesn't make me any less of a "sim" player. I like skill to determine who wins a game not penalties. And actually it is a new "modern era" of football. In this era DB's arent allowed to so much as breathe on opposing WR's without it being a penalty. Defensive players can't touch the QB without it being a penalty. This is the Roger Goodell era where he wants games to be as highest scoring as possible. The best way to do that is give teams free yardage like a 5 yard penalty (incidental contact) wiping out a 4th and 40.

Imagine a Madden game like the Pittsburgh/Arizona SB where you gout screwed out of a win by the ref's. Imagine a game where the opposing WR falls on his own and you are called for a pass interference. Imagine a game like last years Pats/Panthers where your WR is bear hugged in the endzone on the final play and there is no call. That would be true sim and everyone here would be crying all day long about the game cheating and the game being broken. No one here really wants a true life sim, they want certain aspects of it but not all.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 11-08-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove