View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #116
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRIPP81
Haven't followed this thread since you first posted you are making sliders and just looked at your sliders and I will definitly be trying them out. I love the defense settings you suggest. I tweaked others sliders I've use by moving those numbers around close to yours. I was tired of defenders jumping in routes. For example, even though the wideout got position and turned the cb around on an in route, the cb jumps the route even though the wide out is still a step or two away from making his cut. Very annoying not being able to take advantage of a good release and throw an anticipation pass just to have the computers spider sense knock it down or get a pick.
One question, what would happen if I move the INT slider up? To make it tougher for myself I usual have them higher than most. To many should be picks get dropped. If I make a bad throw I have no problem paying the price.

JGRIPP:

You may want to wait a few days since I hope to be dropping the ALL-JOHNM mods on the Madden community soon... The ALL-JOHNM mods, in my humble opinion, can, and do, provide a better game play experience than my ALL-PRO mods.

I may re-visit my ALL-PRO mods after the ALL-JOHNM experience and incorporate my refined knowledge for the inner workings of M15....

I can share with you that in a some key areas, what has been written and "proselytized" as sound slider theory, the Whiz, and likely others in the OS community, may have been off point. As an example, the Whiz has identified one slider mod in particular that impacts the realism of the outcome of a game. Unfortunately, the OS community, as well as the Whiz, had not properly accounted for this slider mod and have dialed it in incorrectly, thus impacting the outcome of every game played. I am not sure if previous oversights have contributed to the ongoing frustration with M15, but I am sure that it certainly did not contribute to moving the needle forward...

The Whiz looks forward to sharing his new-found appreciation for M15, because properly tuned, M15 can deliver some truly memorable game experiences. Is the game perfect? Hardly. Can it be tuned to improve upon the common gripes shared thus far here in the OS community? I believe so, but the ultimate judge will be the thousand's of gamer's that opt to give the Whiz's ALL-JOHNM slider mods a spin...

Stay tuned...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lightbulbs.jpg (4.2 KB, 132 views)