Old 11-12-2014, 05:35 AM   #34
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: An epiphany about penalty sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
I'm not trying to start a pissing match, but this was thoroughly tested on Madden 12 (then tested again retroactively on 08, 09, and 13), and the result is that there is absolutely no increase in called CPU penalties for grounding between 1 and 100 (after hours of testing both, exactly 0 penalties for grounding were ever called for either 1 or 100), nor any increase/decrease of CPU QBs throwing the ball away (rarely happens at 1 or 100); however the QB on CPU v CPU matches throws the ball earlier, completes more passes, as a result throws for more yards, scores more points, and is sacked less often with the setting set to 1 rather than 100. Lower = passes quicker; Higher = holds ball longer, takes more sacks.

The one thing we/I did not test is how the Grounding Slider affects interceptions. We/I should have recorded that. After getting most of the way through testing, I thought I noticed more CPU interceptions being thrown with Grounding at 1, but that very well could have been my imagination or bias. Maybe there is less receiver separation earlier in a play (there is), or CPU QBs make poorer decisions when throwing quicker? But then again maybe not. Who knows?

I started this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-rosters.html about these same issues in regards to Madden 12. Others had stated similar things before me. Don't really care who takes what info and does whatever with it; but yes, the fastest way to tweak a Madden game is to test and record results of changes to the Penalty Sliders. Start with penalties first, then tweak the Difficulty Sliders afterward.

Not sure what options are available in CCM or CCF or whatever, but just a heads up, the Coaching Sliders in the old Franchise Mode changed gameplay more than anything else. To the point where you could easily, and completely, break the game by drastically changing them. I mean literally destroy the gameplay. Like setting something at one end would result in a USER yard per carry average of negative yards (18 carries for -6 yards), or at the opposite end easily getting 15+ yard per carry average (18 carries for 300+ yards) using All-Madden sliders.

Sad that Penalty sliders still control gameplay animations and have almost nothing to do with when/how penalties get called.
I don't know if Madden 12 works the same way. All I know is that in Madden 15 on PS4 I set Grounding to 80 and even Alex Smith is throwing the ball down the field. And yes, QBs seem to move better in the pocket at that setting.

This is just my own testing, but it works.