Old 11-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #46
whosnext00
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: An epiphany about penalty sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I definitely agree with the premise here. Very similar to previous Madden games in editing sliders to equal a total to make the game play as if in All-Madden, or All-Pro, etc...

Am curious, what are you seeing, game play-wise, between OPI/DPI at 10/10 compared to 90/90? For me these 2 slider levels are the toughest to dial in, so I figure I may as well start with one of these settings and work around them... Thank you advance for any details you can provide.
The main difference is YPA and primary targets. 90/90 has less separation so naturally the QB checks the ball down a lot which also results in a high comp% usually. 10/10 creates more separation and it's possible to have 400 yard passing games with good to elite QBs where the primary receivers are usually WR 1s and 2s. This will more often than not result in a high comp% as well. I have yet to figure out how to completely control comp% with poor and good QBs completing the appropriate amount. Either way though, the OPI/DPI is for separation so that you can get the ball down field. 5YPA is no good for QBs like Andrew Luck but 8-14 is and that's what you should get with 10/10. It's a matter of preference really as 10/10 will generally be higher scoring games than 90/90.

Also if you're interested, Offsides, False Start and Holding can control sacks and the running game. Put all at 99 and your running game will be strong but sacks will be aplenty, reduce FS and Holding and you'll have less sacks but the running game will be worse. So I assume you could just do 99/94/94 and up Run Blocking until it's where you want it.

EDIT: Even though DPI/OPI is for separation, IG will still control the QBs tendency to throw down field but at 90/90 you won't likely be able to throw over the defender so you'll get an INT.

Last edited by whosnext00; 11-13-2014 at 03:06 PM.