View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #45
Last Gunfighter
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: whosnext00's Madden Sliders 15... Rated "E" for Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
That's why sliders are so finicky. You can't just lower DPI for example and expect it to only affect the DBs. This year everything is dynamic and intertwined, so it's really difficult to dial in on a setting unless you know exactly what that setting does and how it affects other settings. If you are going to lower DPI, then you need to raise OPI and equal amount. See 90/10 is an equal amount. I lower OPI 40 from it's default and raise DPI by 40. This concept should be applied to all sliders, penalty or not. Otherwise, you will notice a lot of weird stuff happening.

Injuries at 54 seems fine as long as the sliders do no create a favoritism. I have noticed many slider settings creating a favoritism to the USER or CPU but not necessarily overall, usually in one aspect of the game whether it's running or passing, sacks and so on. This is why it's important to adjust sliders with other sliders in mind. This might seem confusing but it's really not if you grasp the concept of the sliders from a programmers perspective. If you'd like, I can post an explanation of the sliders, its concepts, how they interact with one another and how to adjust them without breaking the AI.
I'd love to have a look at that! Thanks!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove