View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #20
Fist Of Kings
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

"So there it is. The giant elephant in the room. Madden AI has no idea what is happening on the field at any given time, on any given play. It is simply reacting to the PLYT tag until the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. At that point it becomes rally time and all 11 defenders instantly begin to converge on the ball carrier."
That explains the horrible zone defense/defensive awareness in general that ryanmoody21 showed in detail in one of his videos. In his example, a defender would rather just stand there covering no one, and only reacts the the ballcarrier after he crosses the line of scrimmage, by then of course it's too late. I've seen it plenty of times when I had this game, and even high/low play recognition/awareness didn't matter. And this from ea's website hyping Madden 15's improved defense:

"In Madden NFL 15, Player Sense 2.0 creates the smartest playing Madden ever by improving player emotion, contextual awareness, head tracking, reach tackles and more."

How can they keep getting away with either lying about what actually happens in the game, or just not being able to deliver on the features they advertise? Because I often saw unaware players, defense that couldn't adapt to me running the same play as I marched down the field, players celebrating when they shouldn't, weak dbs regularly bringing down my strong power rb one on one way too much, and defenders often make tackles despite being blocked. Yesterday, I dusted off my ps2 and played the other ancient game and ran the same toss play twice and saw the defense shift their LBs and D-lineman to that side...then they did the same thing when I flipped the play and ran towards the other side...actual adaptive ai. You would think a current game that hyped defense would be capable of this but it isn't, even though some decade old game on a less powerful system can.