View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 05:08 AM   #147
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
Good to know that George Costanza is among the many fans that have joined the Whiz's M15 slider mod discussions. And since we are on the subject of humor and its relationship to intelligence, here is something to chew on....

Humor is also related to the aptitude to look at some events from a different perspective, I think we can all concur that M15 certainly fits this bill.

And in an ironic twist of fate, on the issue of humor and intelligence, research has in fact identified a relationship between NEEDING INTELLIGENCE to appreciate humor, go figure.

Research has its hangups..My issue is plain and simple, a forum member asked a question in regards to OPI and DPI slider settings, and you, wiz or whatever you wanna call your self, to boost your ego, went completely out of line on the individual for no reason but to be rude and/or condescending; neither of which needs to be present here when we are all just trying to come up with sliders and theories and general ideas about the Madden football game and how to improve it.

If you have things to contribute, by all means do so; everyone here I am sure is interested, even myself; now speaking for myself, when people start making posts that place their work and contributions above all others and paint themselves as the master guru of sliders, then it gets rather annoying to the point, at least for me, of not even caring what someone posts in regards to sliders. It is not just what you serve the public to eat, but how you serve it and what you serve it on that matters too.

The particular person I chose to defend, has helped this community come up with ideas on sliders and has asked questions as well as answered questions in a very polite and beneficial manner, including question I have asked which some may have thought were elementary questions...Your reply to this particular person was you stating they asked a stupid question - and really, there are no stupid questions...There are stupid answers though, I can promise you that...

As for intelligence to get a joke? I know there are studies that suggest intelligence is required or at least helpful to get some jokes; then some jokes just have to be funny to begin with.. All perspective....Some people think Kat Williams is funny; I prefer Lenny Bruce..Does understanding Lenny Bruce mean I am smarter or dumber than the person who likes Kat Williams? Or is it that those who get Kat Williams are more familiar with the references of his jokes?

Still, intelligence and getting jokes does not disregard the long proven issues behind many great comedians who were suffering inside and used comedy and being humorous as a means to deal with their own troubles....Lenny Bruce OD'd on Heroin; a sure sign of issues there. You generally take heroin to escape problems, but then the addiction, if it catches you, creates more issues and the circle begins...