View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #35
trey31
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Why can't more people like you work for EA? They always seem to be hiring software engineers/programmers.
What makes you think I'm not a software programmer?

I'm not, but I do have a friend that works for a dev up in WA area that works on a fairly popular multi-platform F2P game. I'm a hardware guy myself, but I know a little bit about a little bit of how some types of games "work" so to speak. And I've contributed on some mods and done some of my own stuff as well. The way I've stumbled upon PLYT function actually has a simple explanation; I'm building a 70+ formation, 800+ play playbook for 08. It only has roughly 15 route concepts though so its really pretty simple to run/use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
The AI responds to the button push, not the animations. I've known this for years.
Unfortunately that traces back all the way to SNES. IRL the idea is to make throws that aren't open yet, but will be when the ball arrives; in Madden it is a balance of waiting as long as possible on a route that is already open before making the throw, to increase the distance of other defenders from making the "mystical magic pass defense maneuver", versus waiting too long and watching the window close as another defender enters the area. If the NFL is all about small windows, then Madden is all about barn doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuk75
As for the Ai responding to the route ran, I've had stupidly obvious times where I'd hot route a guy and the safety playing cover three ran right to the spot where I would have thrown the ball without hot routing and instead I get a guy running by himself down the field

Another question: Is there any code that allows the cpu to realize a game needs to be made closer? I never see it in blowout but if I supersim to the fourth quarter of a game to save time per say, once I come in it seems as if the computer "Cheats" to pull within one score.

I've made a thread on it and just last night I had more cases or DBs facing the opposite way and beating my receiver to the ball after making a cut, passes hitting guys in the facemask on curls and qbs throwing 5 yard spot routes right into the deep safetys chest...
Supersim is its own beast entirely. From what I have read about it, it functions differently than regular siming, and also works differently from in-game play as well. I remember on 09 (I think) playing a game and going into supersim to get through the 4th quarter. Well the supersim play-by-play went something like 5 or 6 plays before it froze and the whole game needed rebooted; needless to say I rebooted the save and went into supersim again and low and behold the supersim gave the exact same play-by-play stats the second time as it had the first, except it didn't freeze that time. I tested it again on the next game of the season and it wasn't identical but the results were nearly the same after 3 or 4 sim-then-quit sessions, so I permanently gave up on supersim right then and there. Never used it again. So I wonder if it isn't just something that the supersim script loads at the start of each game and then goes by regardless of score or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove