View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #1753
GLASS87
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I am going into my week 5 bye week as the Oakland Raiders. I wanted a team that needed some work... and there's nobody like the Raiders for that

Standing in the AFC West:
4-0 Chiefs
2-2 Broncos
2-2 Raiders
1-3 Chargers

Week 1 - Lost 27-20 to the Jets
Geno Smith had a rating of 83.9, threw for 266yds, and 1td and 0int. He was at 66% with a long of 21yds. Geno was sacked 3 times.
I had trouble this entire game getting the run game going... in the 4th quarter I could not stop the Jets run game. 27-13 late in the 4th I scored but they ran out the clock.

Week 2 - Won 35-30 against the Texans
Ryan Fitzpatrick had a ratiig of 100.7, threw for 278yds, 2td and 1in. He was at 65% with a long of 53yds. Sacked Ryan 6 times.
Came out determine to stop the run. I traded a 3rd/4th rd pick for Paul Kruger for a slight upgrade (expensive though) in the middle. We held Foster to under 40yds and came away with a high scoring win! McFadden injure...

Week 3 - Lost 33-9 to the Patriots
Tom Brady. 122.5 rating, 1td, 0int. Long of 58yds. 81% completion! Sacked Brady 4 times.
Odd game. The Patriots had 12 injured players! Gronk, 2 starting lineman, and a few starters on defense. Oddly, Edelman was not hurt but was not playing though he's their highest rated player. The Pats moved the ball on the ground and Brady hit his backup TE Williams 7 times - 5 first downs! Derek Carr went out a couple weeks at the end of last week so I lost his strong arm and running ability. This was by far the funnest game. I fought so hard to get back into the game and the Pats kept making huge plays on both sides of the ball.

Week 4 - Won 19-9 against the Dolphins
Tannehill played very conservatively this game. Rating of 101.8 and 253yds in the air. Completed 83% of his passes with a long of 37. Got to Tannehill for 7 sacks!
Sacks killed their drive. We also stuffed the run pretty well. Matt Schaub played well for us keeping drives going. In the first half we had three drives that were +6 minutes long! Tannehill only threw 7 passes the entire first half. With McFadden out and with a very slow backup in James Stewart - I picked up a rookie RB and cut ties with Stewart. Andrew Jones is a rookie RB with good speed, acceleration, trucking, and in space moves. The rookie ran for 107yds (our first back with 100 in a game!) and a td. He shows great promise with yards after contact - also picked up 55 in the air!

Thoughts
Defense: I player Cover 2 or Cover 3 nearly every down. I have an old, slow defense. I want to severely limit the downfield throws and play a "bend don't break" defense. The few times I have brought heat with man-to-man all over the field - I got burnt! Either a sack or 30-40yd pass to a wide open receiver. I really like Branch's tackle ability. He stuffs a lot of runs each game and want to build the defense around him. I'd like to pick a CB with great speed and acceleration to play 1 or 2 for next year during the offseason. Woodsoon more than likely retires but again, I need a little more speed and closing ability so FS might be replaced too. I like my LB core of Moore/Kruger/Mack - lots of tackles! My defensive line has been playing pretty good too so I might not go for a big name player there either.

Offense: Derek Carr will be our franchise QB. He has great arm strength and a lot of speed. I will more than likely extend rookie RB Hale's contract too and trade MJD. The receiving group needs a lot of work too. Moving Reece to TE was an upgrade, but doesn't have the hands I'd like. Jones is a great possession receiver but has trouble getting separation. My leading receiver is currently Greg Little who has really impressed me. I have ~30mil in cap space and will go after the best receiving TE & slot receiver I can find. I will also spend big money on a new lineman. My current scheme is: Mauler/Zone/Balanced/Zone/Mauler. I want a power run team with sure-handed receivers for the short throws.

Draft: Depending on who I grab during the offseason, I will more than likely be aggressive and grab the best wideout the draft has to offer. If there isn't a stud wideout, we will grab a CB or safety to help out the defense.

Sliders:
I might lower HUM/CPU catching from 75 down to 60... not sure yet. Too many "poor" receivers making huge catches in traffic. I like in traffic catching to be an important trait. Not sold on this yet though. Sacks... just stupid play calling by the offense. Most sacks on occur on 2nd/3rd and long. They run streaks with NO ONE underneath and just take a sack. Either way, the QB players well most of the game and is very enjoyable

I'll start posting at the end of each game too!