View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #57
brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

There's alot to this really, and it's been pretty obvious too for a while now. It is however nice to have some proof.

Last night for example, I call a HB dive from a 4WR set because the DL is so spread I've got a huge hole up the middle, and the MLB is really the only guy left in the middle of the field. They were in a dime formation So, the dime CB's are away from the middle of the field, should be an easy gain right? I snap the ball, the MLB charges right into the huge hole and stuffs my run. I'm thinking, well that back fired. But then I look at the play the CPU called.. .the MLB was supposed to drop back into a zone in the middle of the field. Now, I'm ok with him pausing for a second, reading its a run and filling the hole, but once I snapped the ball he's charging at me like it's an all out blitz. That's ridiculous. That's what prompted me to look at their playcall, because I'm like wow, I read that play that badly and ran right into a blitz? Turns out after seeing the playcall that wasn't the case. I simply ran into a psychic LB who was already tipped off as to what play I was running.

I guess sure, you could attribute that to a play recognition rating that may be high or whatever, but it happens almost all the time. He should at least hold still for a second, or take a step back then when he recognizes the play come at me, I'm ok with that, but don't cheat me and just have the MLB completely ignore his assignment on the playcall because the AI is scripted to know what play I called constantly.