View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #46
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

Well, I gave them a spin as the 'Skins versus the Giants...here are some thoughts:
  • QB AI was improved. I played against Eli (who is a notorious sack-taker in this game) and he got rid of the ball well for the most part. I had 8 sacks total but was trying to do everything to get at him as a way of 'testing' the settings (doing far more in terms of blitzing than most teams would). He only took 2 'bad' sacks and a 3rd was a debatable sack as he was nearly at the LOS before being stripped.
  • A few more drops by WRs than I'd like (5 by the CPU). This is something I have seen on my set and plan on making on my set.
  • Tackling was far too 'sure' for my taste. I just think that the facemask slider at 1 is far too low.
  • Coverage was a bit too loose for my taste (now exposed by a QB that gets rid of the ball better).
  • Three non-QB fumbles in the game....which was good to see.
  • Too many dropped INTs by the CPU - that is something I have noticed on my set as well.
I'm definitely adapting the FS, Holding, IG, and RTK settings for my set along with some other changes to it. All things said....this was outstanding!!

Now....the following (which I am going to post in my set as well) is a general statement about All Pro in general based on observations since I went back to AP....

I just don't think AP can hold up long-term for experienced users. The problem is that the CPU will make mistakes at the worst time. I never feel like I can be blown away by a good team. With the confidence system in place, it would be far too easy to gain momentum in a season (even with a mediocre team) and ride it. It then snowballs and before you know it, you have a 'super team'. You get good games on All Pro with good stats and it feels good; but over the long haul, it is just too easy to put up a winning record year after year.

I do feel though that it is easiest to build an AM set once you have a good AP set as a base. After adding these modifications and a couple of other teams, I am going to bump it up to AM and see what happens.