View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #26
kin9pin5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Love the classics Capa. I downloaded the file with the name you had to add Capa to, and accidentally ended up with the Ravens in a game (after playing the Raiders vs. Dolphins and the the Cowboys vs. Steelers). I was surprised to see a mixture of Ravens, like players from 2000 (R. Lewis, Ja Lewis, D. Starks) but then saw Flacco, Heap, Reed, etc. oh, you did say you used someone's all time great roster as a baseline, didn't you?

Any chance I'd could change your mind on the '69 Colts (after all they did lose a game in which they were heavy favorites), though I wasn't born yet. That was a not so memorable sports year for Baltimore versus NY teams. Bullets lost to Knicks, O's to Mets (another series that was supposed to be no contest), and of course the Colts to Jets. Were the 58 Colts before your time? I would think that name-wise, the 58 Colts would outshine '69, no? With the offense having HoFers Johnny U, Raymond Berry and Lenny Moore, and Artie Donovan and Gino Marchetti on D to name just a few. I'm sure the '69 team was fairly stacked also, but 58 was very much a team coined as responsible for putting football in the spotlight, with the telecast of the championship game.

What ya think?