View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #134
cardinalbird5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: GutterPhenom16 - Madden 15, Realistic Sliders for Online CFM (Finalized)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterPhenom16
For whatever reason the offline CFM does a HORRIBLE job at keeping statistics.. It's all for realism's sake for me, and my last Offline CFM that I did in Week 17, Peyton Manning was leading the league with something like 2,000 passing yards with 20 TDs to 18 INTs.. Im not sure what the problem was but then once I did (and completed) my first Online CFM it was much more realistic, Drew Brees I believe was the MVP with 5,000 passing yards with 40 tds and ~12 INTs..

There is no difference between who you face, an Online CFM simply means that other people can join your Franchise if you so let them. If you wanted to play with a friend or even up to 31 friends and let everyone have a team, everyone would be able to access your Franchise and play as their own team and to advance through the season everyone needs to finish what they need to do and click 'Advance Week' before you can move forward.

However, in the setup for the Online CFM you can set how many people can join the Connected Franchise - and you can bring it all the way down to 1 so that it's just you.

And you would still be facing the CPU, unless you do happen to invite some friends in and they are playing as the team you are facing that week, otherwise you will be facing a CPU. Another main difference is what I was talking about in the response above yours, where the stat-keeping is much better in Online versus Offline..

Make sure you use the left stick and aim the pass when you throw it; dont just throw it by hitting the button of the receiver. Also, if you need some playcalling tips, throw some passes with some 10-yard Hook route (where they go up 10 yards and turn around) I run those passes on 1st down so the yellow first-down marker is where the receiver is going to stop and turn, and when I see the player get to the line I slam the button and press the stick to up and to the outside of the receiver (meaning if he is lined up on the right side, I will push the left stick up and to the right - like 1 or 2 o'clock) and your pass should hit the receiver right in his hands for a first down..

Also, look for plays that have changing direction. One of my favorite plays is Ravens Dig (Near Formation in my playbook) and the X receiver lines up on the left and goes toward midfield 3 yards, then runs straight up 3 yards, and then goes back toward the left sideline for the rest of the route, and I try to hit him when he makes that last move toward the sideline - and I hold the left stick toward 9 o'clock so that he gets the ball on the inside of his body, away from the corner.

If you try to hit your receiver when he is making his change of direction step, you will have the best opportunity to get a completion
I tried to use the LS and always have to lead my WR's pending on the route (E.g, down and in for Curls). My QB (Tannehill) was just missing easy throws and the CPU QB was just awful. He has very good short and medium accuracy too. The other user in my franchise was also having problems. We aren't awful by any means, so I just increased the QB accuracy. I am getting more realistic results now, but it is still challenging. This also made the CPU QB a little more competent. They still may go 21/27, but they check down a lot and take their sacks.

I've tweaked moderately since. I won the SB with Miami in the 2nd season, mainly due to how easy it is to pass rush and how well I can run the ball. Every game was close though. I beat Buffalo 12-7, Denver 23-21, then Arizona 20-14. I think I only blew out one team during the season, yet I got blown out twice. My point differential was only +50, but I went 13-3.

The other user went 8-8, but threw 39 pics with his rookie QB. Some of the INT's were just terrible misthrows and some were bad reads. We're adjusting.

Regardless, we are having fun and these worked well as a base, Thanks.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 12-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.