View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #28
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin9pin5
Love the classics Capa. I downloaded the file with the name you had to add Capa to, and accidentally ended up with the Ravens in a game (after playing the Raiders vs. Dolphins and the the Cowboys vs. Steelers). I was surprised to see a mixture of Ravens, like players from 2000 (R. Lewis, Ja Lewis, D. Starks) but then saw Flacco, Heap, Reed, etc. oh, you did say you used someone's all time great roster as a baseline, didn't you?

Any chance I'd could change your mind on the '69 Colts (after all they did lose a game in which they were heavy favorites), though I wasn't born yet. That was a not so memorable sports year for Baltimore versus NY teams. Bullets lost to Knicks, O's to Mets (another series that was supposed to be no contest), and of course the Colts to Jets. Were the 58 Colts before your time? I would think that name-wise, the 58 Colts would outshine '69, no? With the offense having HoFers Johnny U, Raymond Berry and Lenny Moore, and Artie Donovan and Gino Marchetti on D to name just a few. I'm sure the '69 team was fairly stacked also, but 58 was very much a team coined as responsible for putting football in the spotlight, with the telecast of the championship game.

What ya think?
Yes...I used aseant's Alltime15 as a base with his permission.

I was born in 1956 so they were a bit before my time but I have created them in 2K5 and am familiar with all the players. I grew up in NY and was a Giant fan before Joe Willie hit...then I went to the Jets. But am really a long standing Giant fan and I remember the 60's and 70's well.

I toyed with using the 58 Colts...one issue with the older teams is that they never had 53 man rosters...and some of the guys played both ways. So a team like the 58 Colts would have to have a bunch of fake players and players with the same name but different jersey number if they played both ways. I def want Unitas in the game and he was at the top of his game in 58...in 68 he was just nearing the end and was fighting a bad arm (hence Earl Morral). I'll def give this one some thought...

C

Last edited by capa; 12-14-2014 at 11:06 AM.