View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #53
TheWood56
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Stress All-Pro Slider Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
All past EA/Tiburon sliders have had set points of multiples of 25, so I am testing the effects of the game at these points and from there, if minor changes are needed, I will then gradually adjust a slider up or down...

It would seem that the past points would have had the most testing and/or programming attention given to them..

Overall I am betting that a good game can be found by just using the multiples of 25 in the correct spots.
Interesting concept.

I would have thought the increments of 25 was due to "laziness" for lack of a better word, and to easily differentiate between the skill levels of rookie, pro, all-pro, and all-madden. Simply in an attempt to dumb it down for the masses. I believe majority of their "testing and tuning" would come on default 50, then tweaking under the hood in regards to difficulty levels.

The penalty sliders for example don't appear to be tested at all, let alone in specific increments of 25, as they simply don't work as penalties. Also pass blocking slider for example. Many are now sold on 0 being the best setting as oppose to 100, where as run blocking is quite clearly the opposite with the higher the slider the better the blocking. It's all very backwards and inconsistent and mystifying.

I wish you good luck with it but, and hope you come across something ground breaking.