View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #23
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Vote Now: Your Sports Game of the Year

I had to go with Super Mega Baseball. I love nba 2k, but SMB came literally out of left field. Typically I know almost every game that is currently in development - this one I had no idea about and it just released - boom! It's so fun, the ego system is awesome, making my own team is awesome I can get games in, in a timely fashion it's super fun. It doesn't even have a meta score yet, because it's so under the radar! There is a LOT to be said for nice surprises and this is def one of them.

2k Basketball is amazing once again, but it has a way to go next year and needs to rethink my career and other modes as well as clean up some animations and gameplay elements. It also takes too long to play because of load times, and my player getting too many minutes as well as avoiding simming in order to not get bugs. Facescan was a big miss for many people wasting a ton of time in the process just to see the monster mash. I feel like there is a TON of content, but at the same time a lot of it I'll never see because it's time consuming to a degree that makes it impossible for me. I've never made it to the hall of fame in a career and don't think it's possilbe even after playing for probably over 200 hours. I almost think they could go a 2 year route with heavy support and gameplay enhancements/patches/rosters/animations etc. ...by the time the next game comes out I'm typically done 2-3 career seasons and maybe a franchise season - I feel like I barely got anything done if that makes sense.