View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #129
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I think they needed to add more personality to the players. Select a few players on each team as the "stars" and make them a bit over the top when it comes to appearance, demeanor and skills.

Also, the teams all have different styles (speed, power, pitching, etc.) but I think they should have been exaggerated a bit more for variety's sake.
I agree. Some teams are more 'exaggerated' than others. Right now I'm focused on my Wideload team and because of the season progress MY team is at least getting that way. Arnold Schwartz now has 70 power, but I also have Usain Bolt with 70 speed and Grace Jones with 69 speed, so they both get subbed in most games when I need that speed. My pitchers are starting to change a lot as well, some leaning more towards junk and others speed. With Tong Po I can now pitch a 97mph fastball.

What I have no idea about is if the other teams progress during the season?

If not the next time I do a season I'll go with what I think is the worst lineup and customize them.

I have to say going with the action hero celebrities (with 2 exceptions; mike tyson and usain bolt) is super fun and entertaining, really glad I went with it.

Watching Van Damme devolope into an all-around contact/power/speed guy and having Dolf Lungren and Arnie go pure power is kind of awesome. Guys like Mr T, Uma Therman and Stallone are still finding their way. On the pitching side Michael Ironside is well rounded, and I have Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Deniro all becoming more distinct with Pai Mei the closer where I'm focusing him on pure velocity.