Old 12-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #760
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As I settle into this a bit more, I am beginning to see some of the signs of the run game issues (moreso for the user game being easy than trouble stopping the CPU). Running on NCAA is a different dynamic than Madden and I have finally started to settle-in with it. You can stop the CPU run if you make the proper pre-snap shifts and mix in a few run commits (that can easily burn you if you guess wrong - which I like). However, as a whole it is still too strong.

I think the issue is that the D-line block shed is too low right now. I'd like you to bump everything back up to the OP set. Then I'd like you to lower Hum RBK to 30 and increase the Offsides slider to 80. This should increase the block shedding a bit and make the interior running a tad more difficult. However, it might have two negative effects: a) more sacks and b) may require an adjustment to the IG slider.

Play a game or two and let me know how it feels. Keep an eye on, a) the run game; b) ease of pass rush; and c) if the CPU is still throwing downfield. I'm going to do the same in a couple of games with different teams.
I did try out these changes as the Bengals versus the Ravens (a 33-10 loss). A couple of notes:
  • Jeremy Hill finished with 102 yards on 25 carries while Forsett finished with 23 carries for 106 yards. Taliaferro threw in 51 yards on 7 carries (that dude is a load). Yards after contact were key for both backs getting over 100 yards.
  • That said, D-linemen got penetration though looking at the tackle numbers, meaning the offsides adjustment DID help.
  • Flacco was sacked 5 times and bypassed several wide open deep receivers. Long and short....IG is definitely impacted by the change. That can be modified though once we have updated the run game.
I'm going to keep these changes for testing purposes (not for the OP set yet). However, I am also going to lower the facemask slider in an attempt to get more wrap-up tackles. This also means that I am going to need to modify the IG slider (I had to anyways due to the change to the offsides slider).

For those of you who would like to test with me, the test changes are:
  • Human RBK to 30
  • Offsides to 80
  • Facemask to 40
  • Intentional Grounding: To Be Determined
I'll play more tomorrow and hopefully will nail this down.