View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #529
half-fast
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Considering what Ive been playing in FIFA 15, NHL 15 is way behind in terms of reality. Lots of dumb looking animations still, especially the goalies. Can still score from the same spots on the ice ... nothing has really changed unfortunately.

The game looks amazing, and at times the gameplay looks great too, but it always gets ruined by the many stupid animations and gameplay glitches.

NHL still has the problem after all these years of one timers and certain plays in the slot happening so fast you cant even see whats going on ... stick shooting animation, goalie trying the save and puck are all WAY too fast. No slider fixes it properly either.

This game needs to catch up to 2015 fast for the next iteration. In FIFA you have feet getting in the way of running and shots ... in NHL sticks go through sticks and legs while retaining the puck.

They are dead wrong when they say it's not a fun mechanic to have the stick get stuck on other sticks and legs - theyre just not creating it properly. The reality gets absolutely killed when I skate through the slot and my stick goes through two other sticks and maybe a pair of legs and I still have the puck - looks disgusting.

We need more control of the stick, and skating needs to be harder. Full manual passes(proper charged up passes like FIFA so you dont send a rocket pass at the guy 5 feet over from you), more stick control and more skating.

Im done with the handholding for the kids. We should all have to learn this game not jsut skate around with our casper-the-friendly-ghost sticks just floating through people so its easy - it should be hard, that would make good plays look amazing and feel worth it.

Kids will learn, they will spend the time playing and learn no matter how hard it is, thats what kids do best, instead EA makes it easy for them, and ruins it for us adults who want a competent hockey game.

One button dekes are also a huge no. Man they better change.

Last edited by half-fast; 01-01-2015 at 11:39 PM.