Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #533
robinson
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Signed out of PSN and disconnected my wireless connection and the game played just fine.

I really like the opening to the game you are about to play. Gives the game an authentic feel. The crowd sounds better.

As for gameplay, not a huge difference from the PS3/360, but I do think skating is improved as well as the physics (still could be refined). Hard to tell from one game, but the CPU seems to play with a little more variety than the previous generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Wife (love her!) bought a PS4 for me and my two sons.
We got Destiny, GTA5 and NHL15.

Due to the PSN attack, I couldn't d/l NHL until yesterday and had little time to play.

But this afternoon I got a whole game in, and so far I'm really enjoying this game.
No more warp-suction board pinning. Beautiful! I also love how after I've leveled a guy, I don't stammer and 'stick' to that player trying to get around them for the loose puck. When I finally do get around the fallen player, he's gotten up and collected the puck himself. Not in NHL 15. Sa-weet!

The gameplay feels a lot more organic and I saw a variety of goals. The CPU is also much smarter.
On one play where it had a 2-on-1, when I went over to cover the open winger, the CPU dove to the middle of the ice and went in for a half-breakaway.
In last gen, they would have stayed to the outside and attempted a pass. In this scenario, Kane went right to the slot and got off a great shot.

Speaking of Kane, he received a nice pass, drove to the net and fired one past Lehtonen low blocker-side.
I made a conscience effort to see if all the CPU players could do the same, but no they couldn't. Guys like Shaw, Bickell and Richards had similar chances and were easily thwarted. The only other player that was able to score from a similar distance was Sharp.
So I was very happy to see that snipers snipe and playmakers thread passes.

The only thing I saw that concerned me was that it appeared players were forced to stop when taking a lead pass in the offensive zone.
Multiple times, I saw guys going to the net with a head of steam, but were forced to stop dead in order to receive a pass.
And in some of these cases, the passes were coming from elite players like Spezza, Hemsky or Daley.

I didn't see it very often, but often enough for me to notice.
Maybe it's my slider settings? Not sure.

I'm going to fire up a GM mode soon and get right into a season with the Jackets.
May start a HUT team too.

So far, loving the NHL15. Definitely feels like 2K2 (as suggested by an early preview I read in September).
If you guys havnt tried any calibrated slider sets. Try these they make the gameplay better then defaults. There are about 5 or so good slider sets on the slider page.