View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
OnlookerDelay
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Patch For The Golf Club Available on Steam, Coming Soon For PS4 & Xbox One

Some PC TGC players have expressed their disapproval of the changes to the putting physics with this patch. HBS has significantly reduced the range "help" you get in obtaining the targeted putt strength. If you've conditioned yourself to putting a token effort into the stroke required to acheive the desired distance, you're going to find that you're not getting as much assistance from the game obtaining it. You could hit a 30 foot putt that with a stroke which if it was allowed to be fully proportional, would go 22 to 38 feet, but the game would filter it so that it would still give you close to 30 feet of distance.

With this patch, it seems like you have to be more like 28 to 32 feet of stroke to get a 30 foor result, and that's got some folks fuming. I haven't had enough play time with it yet to get a good feel for it, but I do know in the 12 or so holes I've played, I've started to get a feel for it.

HBS has already said this sensitivity will be tweaked again on Monday, and a new PC version patch will be released then. I'm glad they're doing this on the PC, where they can get immediate feedback from the community, and dial it in closer to a happy medium. They won't submit the XB1 and PS4 patches for certification until early next week, so hopefully this will give them a chance to get a good putting sensitivity value into the console patches before they submit.