View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 05:12 AM   #1
Bondsfan
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Sepparate offense/defense difficulty settings?

Every year, this game is too easy on default All Pro, and too hard on default All Madden, at least for the majority of players. People complain about this every year, yet Madden still hasnt come up with a difficulty in between.

This got me to thinking. Why not just separate offense and defense difficulty? I like the challenge of All Madden when on offense, as I can score at will on All Pro, but playing defense is impossible on All Madden. Ideally, I should be able to play offense against an All Madden defense, and defense against an All Pro offense.

There is precedence for this. MLB the Show has 5 difficulty levels, and you can pitching, fielding, and batting to any of the five levels. It works great, as you may be far better at pitching than hitting, or vice versa, and you dont have to get stuck playing on a level thats too hard or too easy.

Why cant Madden offer this choice? I vaguely remember them doing something like this back on the last gen consoles. Im not sure why they cant do it now. To take it even farther, you could even break down the game into run offense, pass offense, run defense, and pass defense and allow you to pick your level for all four. This could replace the need to change sliders to some extent, but you wouldnt have to eliminate sliders, for those that still want to tweak the game further. I really think this would be a great addition to sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove