View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 11:25 PM   #644
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Fact Sheet - Gameplay Reveal Scheduled For February 5th on Twitch

It seems that there are a lot of new features and incremental updates. A lot of them seem to be pretty small additions (sorry devs, I know each thing is way more work for you than you get credit for) or stuff we already thought was included (directional hitting? I've already been left analog stick'ing it and at least have had the placebo of it working!)

One of the things on the fact sheet that I am most pleased about is editable contracts. That will help folks play even more realistically. The beefed-up commentary and emotion system should also be interesting.

I'm still a little baffled on how the stat-tracking is so far behind the rest of the game. I realize Ramone said '16 and all--I also think it's not something you just want to paper over--but that the game only keeps HR, RBI, hits, and AVG year after year is disturbing. Since I like to deal with prospects, I also don't like how you can't sort stats by level or playoffs/regular season. Having to remember to grab stats before the MiLB playoffs and move guys around levels just to see their stats is a chore. Ultimately for '16, I'd be really disappointed if SCEA isn't thinking along the lines of EXPORT DATA TO EXCEL. That would save me and countless others hours of data entry every season.

The holy grail, though, would be a game that looks a little better than '14, but has management depth like OOTP...I didn't say that I had realistic expectations!

All that said and I'm waiting on seeing what the gameplay visually looks like before committing one way or another. If the player models are better, then I'm likely to purchase. If not, then I'll likely go with OOTP '16 to scratch my baseball itch this year.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 01-30-2015 at 11:27 PM.