Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #15
jbrew2411
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Freak Recruits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
Sounds like a real freak. I would have had a hard time not putting him at WR though. 99 speed means if he can get off the jam at the line he can get open deep all the time, and speed would come in to play more at that than anywhere else. I understand the roster situation though. If you have an RB with low 90's speed, he will generally be able to do all the things a guy with 99 speed can, since low 90's will still beat most of the defense to the edge on outside plays, and its rare that an RB gets into a race running up the middle. And crazy as it sounds, running up the middle with a guy with extreme speed can hurt you because you'll run right into tackers, whereas a slightly slower guy will give you more time to read the blocks and adjust. Catch ratings also really only matter when getting jump balls or when the receiver is taking a hit right after the ball getting there.

I had a WR who was a 99 speed. He easily won returner of the year rookie year, and was near impossible to cover on the outside.
I had him at SS during his red shirt year b/c I had a need there but I had another guy that was a 6'1" 215lbs corner that was a little slower then I like my corners. I moved him to SS at the end of the season so I could move Diggs. If I had moved him to receiver he would have been in low 70s but at tailback he has an 83. I still throw him the ball coming out of the back field in the flats. The funny thing is I was the OC at Georgia in my dynasty in year 3. I had a senior Todd Gurley who had ratings very close to Diggs. I love some of the guys you can find deeper in the dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove