View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:55 PM   #16
conception
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Freak Recruits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I had him at SS during his red shirt year b/c I had a need there but I had another guy that was a 6'1" 215lbs corner that was a little slower then I like my corners. I moved him to SS at the end of the season so I could move Diggs. If I had moved him to receiver he would have been in low 70s but at tailback he has an 83. I still throw him the ball coming out of the back field in the flats. The funny thing is I was the OC at Georgia in my dynasty in year 3. I had a senior Todd Gurley who had ratings very close to Diggs. I love some of the guys you can find deeper in the dynasty mode.
Sometimes I have to take OVR ratings with a grain of salt. We all know the most valuable asset an offensive player can have is speed and that when playing out the games you can minimize deficiencies in awareness and catching by proper usage and of course controlling him. I recently had a WR I started as a redshirt freshman who was rated somewhere like 70 but had 96 speed. I put him on the outside in every formation where he will basically run streak routes or hooks and where the catches he's asked to make won't be hotly contested. I had some drops with him but had a 1,300 yard season starting him over some slower, better overall rated receivers. I put my top receiver, a pretty fast guy who was a great route runner and had the ability to make people miss after the catch, and fed him the ball on most passes, but when my outside guy would get single coverage and could outrun the defender, boom.

That guy would play at his seventy rating if I put him inside or asked him to run a lot of routes over the middle, but knowing what I am using for, he is far better than 70.